Monday, December 15, 2008

Bush Not A Bible Literalist

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.

"You know. Probably not. ... No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is ... has got ... You know, the important lesson is 'God sent a son,'" Bush said. More from The Christian Post
~~~~~
hmm... Remember Satan's first words to Eve in the garden:
"Yea, hath God said...?" Genesis 3:1

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."Matthew 24:35

I wonder what George Bush does not understand about this? I would have to say, based upon Mr. Bush's own words that the Bible is not literally true, then he is not literally a Christian.

Tag: The Bible, George W. Bush

2 comments:

  1. Well just call me the eternal optimist...I still hold out for the possibility that saving grace is working in Bush's heart...If he has not been truly discipled... he may not know all the politically correct answers...however this does give great pause...*: (

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda think that Bush has lost his first love from being around political Washington too long; that is, if he was ever truly born again as claimed. He needs lots of prayer, as he obviously doesn't believe the Bible when it comes to the land of Israel that God has returned the Jewish people to just as written.

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly and PDF