Take this story from Fox News, reporting on “It's the End of the World: 8 Potential Armageddons” where the story theorizes 8 Armageddon environmental catastrophic threats, any one of which would affect the entire planet most call their home, earth, putting the world at dire risk of extinction
1. A sudden gamma ray burst strikes
2. A deadly mind virus kills us all
3. The North and South Poles flip-flop
4. The universe keeps expanding … and expanding
5. Extreme science experiments go too far
6. Supervolcanoes wipe out the planet
7. Computers take over everything
8. A cough goes round the worldWhile all of these catastrophic events caught my attention, I particularly was drawn to number 5, “Extreme science experiments go too far ” and the last sentence, and immediately was reminded of what Isaiah wrote:
And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. Isaiah 34:4Excerpt:
5. Extreme science experiments go to far
As past history has shown, the greatest danger to man is often man himself. McQuade explained that modern experiments at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, where scientists are looking for signs of the Big Bang, could lead to strange anomalies. One such potential: creating "strangelets" from reassembling quarks, or elementary particles.
"Strangelets could grow by consuming ordinary nuclei, which would liberate energy, and since there is nothing to stop it, they would ultimately produce a catastrophic explosion," McQuade said. "Smashing particles could also trigger a series of reactions that would result in vacuum instability. Though vacuum instability sounds innocuous enough, it could tear the fabric of space itself."
You can read all of the 8 Potential Armageddons at link.
The beauty of knowing Jesus Christ takes away all fear of what will soon occur on the earth that only those who belong to him can experience. The Lord's joy is our strength and in Him will we put our trust.
Spread The News
To share this post, click the "share icon" at the end of the post.