Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Tribute To Sammie

Sammie

Because the creature was made subject to vanity, not willing, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same  in hope,
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  Romans 8:20-22


As I write this with tears on my face, today has to be one  of the saddest days of my life in recent memory.  I lost my little weiner dog Sammie, a miniature Dachshund, who lost his courageous battle to congestive heart failure and kidney failure, whom I wrote about in a blog entry just one day over a year in Will We See Our Beloved Pets Again?

I always told people who loved and admired  Sammie that he was my 'holy spirit filled' hot dog, because of his unconditional love he always showed me, patiently waiting at the door for me no matter how long it took,  while I was out, until I returned, and his never ceasing tail wagging happiness, to see me,  except  while he was so sick that he did not have the strength to wag his tail.  Because of Sammie's joyful nature and unconditional  love, He made an excellent witness to some of  the attributes of our Lord.   Sammie never worried about a thing.  When it was time to say good-bye to me for the last time, Sammie,who will without a doubt be wagging his tail endlessly as he  runs up to meet me when we meet again in the millenium, courageously  went home to be with his creator.

 Spread The News
Share/Bookmark
 To share this post, click the "share icon" at the end of the post.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Toni. Truly I understand your pain. But remember this, in the Millennium we will ask our Savior and Friend Jesus to bring back our beloved pets, and I truly believe he will. I have a puppy faith, and every day I tell her not to worry, because whatever happens, we'll see each other then. I hug you from a distance and may our Father's consoling arms wrap around you tonight. God Bless you Toni.
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barbie

    Luv,
    Toni
    July 15, 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:08 PM

    May God get you through this period of pain and may you one day be reunited with all your loved ones, pets included, in God's good heaven. Very sorry for your loss also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anonymous:

    I appreciate your kind words.

    Toni
    July 15, 2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Oh, Toni, I'm so sorry for your great loss and awful heartache. What a very sad time for you. If I could, I'd give you a hug as well.

    Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

    There is no greater comfort to us which believe than to contemplate heaven and eternity. Our Hope is Faithful and True.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Pearl.

    Sammie was one of the greatest gifts that God gave to me. I have had him for 14 years, since being weaned. He went everywhere with me until he became sick a little less than two years ago and wasn't able to jump up in a car anymore because I did not want him to injure his back.

    So he would wait patiently for me to return home whenever I was out; he somehow understood I would return in a short time, and waited right by the door.

    There will never be another Sammie... He was one in a million.

    Luv,
    Toni
    July 15, 2011

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni, I'm so sorry you will be missing Sammie. I've only had one pet pass away that I was sure would greet me again someday even though I proclaim Jesus to all my creatures. Animals bring such joy to our lives! May our good Lord give you comfort and then restore your joy to the full!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Nancy. It is comforting to read your words.

    I too always proclaimed Jesus to Sammie, especially so when I could see the end was near. I told Sammie Jesus would help him and so many times Jesus did give Sammie more time with me. But when the end came, it came fast so Sammie did not suffer any before I took him to the vet to go to sleep for the last time. We always prayed that Sammie would not suffer and the Lord answered our prayer.

    Amazing, Sammie would perk his ears up at the name of Jesus.

    Sammie did bring so much joy, not only to me, but to everyone who knew him and now miss his presence also.

    Luv,
    Toni
    July 16, 2011

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly and PDF