Friday, July 18, 2008

They That Wait Upon The Lord

This post from Carol at The Bible Thumper's Soapbox reminds me of all of the times I have begged the Lord in prayer to give me a certain job "I" wanted, even though it may not be the one "He" wanted me to have; and often times after taking a certain job because of the high pay it offered, I would only find myself disillusioned and very unhappy and in the same rut I had just left. Sometimes the Lord will let us have what "we want", I have discovered, if we become so impatient and anxious that we take what we want rather than prayfully waiting upon the Lord to direct our paths, as He surely will if we wait! I don't know about you, but waiting upon the Lord is not the easiest thing for me to do, but I am learning that while I am waiting, He is teaching me valuable lessons He wants me to learn and drawing me closer to Him.

Isaiah 40:31  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

What a glorious promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF