Sunday, July 06, 2008

Word Faith Heretics and Ray Comfort Again-What's Up Ray Comfort

Word Faith Heretics and Ray Comfort Again
What's Up Ray Comfort?

DefendingContending also had issues regarding Ray Comfort speaking at a WOF, or Word Faith (Heretic) Conference:

1.Should Ray be seen to be associated with such WoF heretics though we have faith in his motivation to preach the Gospel at such conferences?

2.Will such an approach, i.e. preaching the true Gospel in a heretical conference, be effective?

3.Or is this a case where we can bring up the fact that though Jesus dined with sinners, he didn’t partake of their sinful ways but spoke His truth to them?
**********
Oh, my... Since when is it an issue for an evangelist to be seen with sinners? Where is the biblical discernment here? I mean, the Gospel would never be preached, and you and I would not have our glorious salvation if Christians were ashamed to be seen with sinners of whom, by the way, like Paul, I can say, I am the chief.

  • There is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Timothy 1:15

To me this shouldn't even be a question, but as a medical missionary, that's just me. Anyway, for my readers interested in reading the overwhelming responses in favor of Ray Comfort being seen with sinners to give them the salvation message of Christ, go here

The other problem I have noticed from these same sources is how and what Brother Comfort should say to these sinners, which really is no biggie to a man of God. It seems a few I have observed think or insist Ray should say this or that, but I myself am confident that Ray, being the biblical man that Ray is, will follow his Lord's well written instructions set forth in Luke's Gospel Chapter 12: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye out to say 12. Thy Word is Truth. John 17:17. And Hebrews 4:12 tells us that For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict of sin, John Chapter 16:7-8 ;Ray is only a willing obedient mouthpiece and servant. Anything less than the Word of God will not produce the desired Will of God of conviction of sin and repentence which leads to salvation. As it is written: For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. Romans 9:15

Let's all be praying for Ray that the Lord's Will be done.

Comments for this post have been disabled.
Technorati Tags: Word Faith Heretics, Ray Comfort,

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF