Monday, July 21, 2008

Who Do You Follow: Todd Bentley or the Word of God?

Keeping The Fire Burning has written an excellent first hand testimony she is sharing of why it is so important to check the Word of God out for ourselves, and follow His Word only, especially in these days of apostasy, inspite of what church leaders, false prophets and false apostles like Todd Bentley and Rick Joyner tell you. Vicki says:
  • Time and time again throughout the years, I allowed false prophets and teachers to convince me that I was not hearing from God if I was questioning their teachings. I became severely depressed because I was sure that I would never be a good submitted Christian. I withdrew from church, but I thank God that He continued to draw me to the Bible and that He was able to reach me and restore me through His Word before it was too late.
There is nothing satan likes better than to rob Christians of their joy in the Lord, which is our strength, and keep one so depressed that he/she cannot function. Nehemiah 9:10 tells us :"for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Do you have Christian joy? " The Lord's joy, which comes from His Holy Spirit, is essential "to fight the good fight of faith, " I Timothy 6:12. When we lose our joy to depression, we no longer have the strength to carry on to fight the good fight of faith, and give up. A big red flag should go up whenever a "church leader" tells anyone it is wrong to question their teachings, as these are the tactics cults use to keep their followers hooked and brainwashed. More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF