Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Netanyahu Commits To Continue To Build Jerusalem In Jerusalem Day Celebration

In a beautiful Jerusalem Day Address, Prime Minister Netanyahu committed to continue to build Jerusalem during Tuesday’s Jerusalem Day celebration at the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva in Jerusalem where hundreds of “pre-army” students sang and danced before the Prime Minister. Watch song and dance video below.
Mr Netanyahu said of his recent trip to America:

"When I was overseas, I received all your blessings and support", he said. “You wanted to strengthen me and you did it, because during that entire week I kept remembering one verse: ‘Chazak Chazak v’Nitchazek.’ (Be strong, be strong, and may we be strengthened). May we strengthen one another. We need that strength every day of the year. We’re undergoing a great struggle but we also have some great achievements. 44 years ago, Israel's soldiers fulfilled the vision of the prophets and brought back Jerusalem to its proper place."
Israel's soldiers fulfilling the vision of the prophets and brought back Jerusalem to its proper place is speaking of Israel's 6 Day War against the Arabs where Israel took back the Old City of Jerusalem, or East Jerusalem from Jordanian rule,  making Jerusalem  a united city, under Israel's sovereignty. "bringing back Jerusalem to its proper place" devouring all the people on the right hand and on the left.
I think I found what I believe to be the verse the Prime Minister was speaking of  in his last statement in the last day’s prophetic book taken from the prophet Zechariah 12:5,6 concerning Jerusalem: In fact, the entire paragraph where Mr. Netanyahu speaks of receiving strength from his Jewish brethren while he was overseas, can be summed up in Zechariah 12:5,6.
“And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.” 5.
 
Enthusiastic Pre-Army Students Dance Before PM Netanyahu



“In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.”6.
“Jerusalem is built, it is joined and unified forever,” he ended paraphrasing Psalm 132.
From Psalm 132, in part:
“For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell, for I have desired it.
I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.
I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
His enemies will I clothe with shame but upon himself shall his crown flourish. Psalm 132:13-18
To read Mr. Netanyahu's  entire address, please go to Israel National News.

Related Story: Today Is Jerusalem Day

Related Story: Israel's Six Day War

Spread The News
 Share/Bookmark
To share this post, click the "share icon" at the end of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF