Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jesus Celebrates The Passover Meal-The Last Supper

Jesus, our Passover lamb, is about to be sacrificed on Hebrew calendar day Nisan 14, 32 A.D.  Jesus celebrated the Passover Meal with His twelve chosen apostles. The Biblical account of the Passover Meal, is often referred to as the Last Supper or The Lord's Supper in Gentile congregations. The New Testament tells us in all four Gospels where the sinless lamb of God, Jesus, came together with His twelve chosen apostles in a pre-selected place that had been selected by Jesus  beforehand so that they together could eat the Passover.

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt, I will execute judgment: I am the LORD
And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you when I smite the land of Egypt.
And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast ot the LORD throughout your generations: ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. Exodus 12:12-14
From Mark’s Gospel,Chapter 14 it is recorded that on the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the Passover, his disciples asked Jesus where should they go to prepare and eat the Passover. Jesus instructed two of his disciples to go into the city and there would be a man with a pitcher of water, and to follow him. And where he went in, say to him “The Master saith, ‘Where is the guest chamber, where I shall eat the Passover with my disciples?” “He will show you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.”

In the evening, Jesus came with the twelve apostles, and as they ate, Jesus  took bread and blessed it, and brake it, and gave to them, and said “Take, eat: this is my body.”

And Jesus took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.

And Jesus said to them, “This is my blood of the New Testament which is shed for many”

“Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”

And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.



As we look around America today, we hear and see politically minded men and women, who haven’t a clue as to what is going on in the spiritual world all around them, tell us the economy is getting better, we will pull ourselves out of this mess and save America from her own self-destruction. Our Lord has a better plan for the destiny of His children at this late hour. Those who have trusted in Him alone and His atoning work on the cross will be gathered into His kingdom.

Related Story: Jesus Christ Fulfilled The Passover
Related Story: Jesus' Triumphal Entry Into Jerusalem On A Donkey
Spread The News
 Share/Bookmark
To share this post, click the "share icon" at the end of the post.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus Paid it all? I love in Revelation 5:5-6 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
    We will never see him as the Lion, but as a lamb. I praise God for his mercy and Grace. Because of His Sacrifice I now have a home in heaven. :D

    Although, I have to admit that my thoughts on the last supper differ a little from yours, I still am pleased to know that you are my sister and please KEEP FIGHTING! your posts are always encouraging to me because I know i'm not alone in this battle.
    Thank you again,
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:53 AM

    When talking about eating comes to mind the subject of fasting, and I read somewhere that fasting doesn't mean necessarily not eating, though it may, but it can also mean "fasting from sin" or not sinning. I know that is off-subject but it is something I read once.

    I think you are exactly correct when you say the political people are without a clue and not only in the US. They have lost their way, without moral compass and have no idea of right from wrong.

    Ultimately that is what will destroy things as it all comes from spirit and they are too focused on worshipping the creation than the Creator.

    Because of their high political, social and financial positions, those false beliefs then become role models which others who are misguided will follow and on it goes.

    It is the Kingdom is around us but men have no eyes with which to see, though it is there, if one wants to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly and PDF