Friday, April 09, 2010

World Vision Promotes Emerging Leader Brian McLaren



I came across a very informative, but troubling article at Lighthouse Trails Research today that I got to tell you about. This news is very distressing to me because several years ago I sponsored children through World Vision. The well known Christian organization and whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, World Vision, promotes emerging church and new age spirituality leader Brian McLaren, Is there anything left that hasn’t been infiltrated and poisoned by false doctrine? You really gotta check every organization out today to make sure that you are not giving to someone or something that promotes anti-Christian teachings such as emerging church and new age spirituality or anyone or anything that endorses and promotes this. Because an organizations says it is Christian doesn't make it so.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. I Thess. 5:21

You can read about it at Lighthouse Trails.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I do book reviews on my blog and was recently sent a copy of "A Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns. While I certainly admit that World Vision does good things, I am not happy with the theology I am finding in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that someone else sees a hole in the theology in "A Hole in Our Gospel"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your very welcome,Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just canceled my World Vision sponsorship after 8 years of giving.

    It is unfortunate. I could maybe swallow them supporting some pseudo-emergent that was not fully screwed up.

    But, the fact is, they were supporting Brian McLaren, one of the blatantly unorthodox ones out there.

    I could have maybe even swallowed Rob Bell, as he does not go crazy on his stances.

    But Brian McLaren is straight up UNorthodox. There is no way around it.


    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly and PDF