Monday, November 08, 2010

Two Thirds Of The Chilean Trapped Miners Turned To Christ While Waiting To Be Rescued

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. Romans 8:28.

Even being trapped one half mile underground for 69 days, something profoundly excellent came about from this dark experience. Through the darkness, the light of God was shining brightly, as evidenced by the fact that during this experience, a total of two-thirds of the Chilean trapped miners, or 22 of the 33, turned to Christ while waiting to be rescued.


7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
 8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
 9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
 10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
 11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
 12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee  Psalm 139

No matter where we are trapped in life, whether it be in sin, or  one-half mile underground, in his infinite love and mercy, Jesus will find us because there is no where to hide from His light.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.  John 8:12

Christian Today has this remarkable story.
 
Spread The News
 Share/Bookmark
To share this post, click the "share icon" at the end of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF