Friday, May 30, 2008

ISRAEL: German Student Deported For Alleged 'Missionary Work'

"Ludwig denied being a missionary, although she admits being in contact with Messianic Jews. "They may have seen me at some meeting of the Messianic Jews," she says. I go around with Jews, with Christians and with Messianics, and I read books about Christianity. So what? That's no reason to deport me," Ludwig said."

German Student to be Deported for Alleged 'Missionary' Work Full Story Here

A student from Germany is set to be deported Friday, after the Interior Ministry determined that she was doing missionary work. Barbara Ludwig, 32, who has been living mainly in Israel for the past decade, completed her undergraduate degree in philosophy here, and is now working on her master's degree in religious studies at the Hebrew University. "I was born in Germany, but I found my identity in Israel," Ludwig said.

However, at 6:30 A.M. on April 28, the Immigration Police knocked on her door and took her to Ma'asiyahu Prison in Ramle. Continues at link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF