Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Prayer For America

O Heavenly Father~~

I looked around America and the world today and saw sorrow and lawlessness everywhere, where no one seeks your face, O Lord. I thought, how can this be? I pray Lord that as we Christians know, your judgment is soon coming upon America as it does when a nation turns its back on God; Even as we do not deserve your mercy, I pray, but because of your Son Jesus Christ who died for the sins of all. I pray that in your anger and wrath, you will remember to be merciful, especially to those who love and worship your Son Jesus Christ. I pray for the lost and unyielding all over America that their hearts will be turned toward your son Jesus Christ as you draw them to you. Forgive us and our leaders for turning our backs on your laws, for murdering millions of your unborn children and for widespread immorality, and for dividing your land Israel. Forgive us for putting our idolatry above your Holy Name and cause the people of America and around the world, called by your name to humble themselves, and pray, and seek your face, and turn from their wicked ways;

then you will hear from heaven, and will forgive our sin, and will heal our land. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF