Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update on Mosab Hassan Yousef, Son of Hamas Leader Who Became A Christian

Recently, I reported here that Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of Hamas West Bank leader, became a Christian and I have since come across an update today to his story from the Telegraph out of the UK and I think the world should know about this. Joseph, as he is now known, has a deep love for his family who he left behind in Ramallah for his new life in America as a Christian as it was impossible for him to continue living in such a violent environment. Joseph also gives us a glimpse of his future plans in this writing. As you read further, please keep Joseph and his family in Ramallah in your prayers. Joseph says:
*****
"I knew from the beginning my family would face an impossible situation. It wasn't their choice but they have had to carry it with me. It's difficult for my mother, she's crying all day long. Every time I talk to her, she's crying."

His mother, Salsabin, told The Daily Telegraph that she and her children were "in daily contact with Mosab" but she declined to comment further on his new life.

Mr Yousef said that his father, who has spent more than a decade in Israeli jails for his involvement with Hamas, was in prison when he "got the worst news in his life" - that his son had become a Christian and left Ramallah. "But at the same time he sent me a message of love.

Continues here
Tags: Hamas, Mosab Hassan Yousef, West Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF