Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strong Earthquake Felt Throughout Parts of Canada and the United States

This earth is really shaking all over the place in North America today. A strong earthquake was felt throughout parts of Canada and the United States, measured at 5.5.. People in Toronto, Ottawa, and other Canadian cities reported feeling the quake. But also people in the U.S. states of New York, Maine, Indiana, Detroit, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Illinois, New Jersey and Connecticut felt the earthquake.

I had just finished posting my previous article that concerns earthquakes and tsunamis and massive ocean fires that geologists are now warning could come about from a rupture or explosion from huge amounts of methane buildup and release from the Gulf of Mexico oil catastrophe. Then I felt it. I live in upstate New York, an area which rarely incurs an earthquake tremor, and I felt the earthquake from Canada shake my desk where I was sitting and the big window to the right of me. I live on the fourth floor so I immediately ran down the stairs to inquire if anyone else felt the building shake. One lady said yes, she felt it too.

Today, in the Gulf of Mexico Oil Catastrophe , Live Coverage of an Oil Gush After Robot Crash. Full story here

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


This image from video provided by BP PLC early Wednesday, June 23, 2010 shows oil continuing to gush from the broken wellhead, at the site of the Deepwater Horizon oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. The Coast Guard said Wednesday that BP has been forced to remove a cap that was containing some of the oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico. (AP Photo/BP PLC) NO SALES
Source: AP

Spread The News
Share/Bookmark

To share this post, click the "share icon" at the end of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF